Hotels for the homeless
Off the streets, with hot food to eat
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Idea (hoping to get started in the future)
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
We’re solving a great deal of problems, the amount of homeless people on the street, lowering crime related to those who do it to become incarcerated for adequate food and shelter, as well as saving the futures of children who are homeless, and hungry
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
Providing the tools they need in order to improve their lives. A place to sleep that is safe and secure. Hot meals to ensure they aren’t hungry. Programs that’ll assist in schooling and or job search and any other programs that may be necessary to get them where they need to be.
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
Hypothetically a woman comes in with her two children and they’re hungry, they go to the cafeteria of the hotel and eat which would have a specific 24 hour dining plan and are then checked in to a room with a door that’s locks and allows for privacy, security, safety and comfort. They wake up and the center “hotel” provides a service where we watch children for a number of hours to allow the mother to find work or go to work while knowing her children are secure and safe, she returns and has a job after acquiring the fund she’s needs to support themselves they leave, happy and better.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
In these “hotels” those without homes aren’t kicked out after a certain time and are open all hours (no strict time you have to be there in order to receive a bed or room) meals are included and their would be programs to encourage those without homes to improve whatever their situation is, helping find jobs, schools, whatever is necessary to change their current standing.
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
Seeing less people on the streets would allow me to know I’m making a difference
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
Talking about it and discussing it with others
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
Team members are definently necessary to make this a reality, funding and sponsorship from anyone who could possibly donate supplies such as mattresses, furniture, kitchen ware etc and food.
How did you hear about this challenge?