J and C Hair and Apparel LLC.
Our mission to empower the youth using basic economics will create young entrepreneurs, teach ownership and self development.
Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Website or social media url(s) (optional):
Website, Instagram and Facebook: J and C Hair and Apparel LLC
September 5, 2017
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Start-Up (first few activities have happened)
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
Marketing is the biggest issue I am having. We are getting business inconsistently. I do music as well and use that as a platform to spread the word as well as wearing our merchandise.
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
Paying for promotion on social media sites, flyers, radio ads and word of mouth.
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
Well, our positioning statement is, “where the heart and the mind meets” and tag line “staying aware in what you wear”. Not only are we offering custom gear and hair bundles, we PUSH positivity, self-love and information to building their own empire. Staying connected with follow ups and loyalty discounts help retain repeat customers.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
We are creating a lifestyle of positivity, love and business while keeping it trendy! As a young entrepreneur it is important that I spread the knowledge of the skills I am learning. I want to hold workshops that help build young adults such as myself. In return, not only will you have custom wear that is EMPOWERING and vibrant in color to balance positive energy, you receive INFINITE LOVE. I think we ALL need some of that once in a while, even if from a stranger. I love you Tmboile and thank you for creating this platform!
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
We have a growing fan base and customer base. This business is not just custom hand painted clothing and hair bundles. It is a LIFESTYLE that we are creating. Plenty of feedback on our social media will testify to this. We believe in engaging in social awareness and politics which in itself helps create our target segment.
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
We want to expand internationally. There is no limit to this movement. This is beyond customs that empower and hair that you wear. With all the violence we have to be a positive impact. Not only in what we say, but how we think, and most importantly what we wear.
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
We are located in a barbershop right now and plan to get our own building to create the atomosphere. As well as sponsorships that can aid in marketing, and team members.
9. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
There are a plethora of things I could name, however I will stick to one. I believe the biggest impact we as changemakers bond together. Forming street teams all over the world under changemakers and be the change we want to see! Not on social media, but on the corner of a street with a team with flyers for workshops and a mic to inform bystanders of the movement.
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
Self-identify race, ethnicity, or origin: (5)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
No, I do not identify with an underrepresented community
How did you hear about this challenge?
Referral: If you discovered the Challenge thanks to an organization or person other than Ashoka or T-Mobile, who was it?
The funny guy with the flat top. Lol