Mobile solar collector could help renters and even homeless!
We use devices which collects solar power solely from the surfaces of a small car; takes a 100w panel and outputs 3kw of pure sine power.
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Start-Up (first few activities have happened)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
Most green minded individuals in LA RENT! Now how is a renter supposed to go solar!? Well, the surfaces of the vehicles they own could have panels installed, or the surfaces of those leased vehicles could have panels which snap on. The problem then is that this would only create 300 to maybe 400 or 500 watts on larger vehicles. Electric vehicles would deny a charge from anything less ~2k watts... So why not collect and multiply these watts?
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
Light or cheap storage of power tied to panels on any vehicle which, when enabled, start a spinning generator to create 3000+ watts of pure sine power, as needed.... like during a heat wave, during peak electricity usage... those individuals might even MAKE money from the electric companies, like many homeowners already.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
This solution is adaptable to ANYONE, even those without homes, as they will now have power for AC, heat, or other necessities which currently only homeowners, OWNERS, get from solar power.
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
I started this project to create a new form of additional range on my new, used, EV... as I only got 40 miles per charge. Then the universe decided to show me how the system I had put all my funds and efforts into could help everyone, when I was let go from my job and became homeless, myself. Now as a ...gypsy... I have a comfortable place to stay, which I was able to get into quite easily, now that experimental steps were complete.... A bulb lit above my head... why can't we get all homeless in cheap cars with modern comforts like I had... plus I retained an income by driving around for postmates! this could be an all around solution, for those made homeless yet still capable.... that's actually a huge amount of our current homeless population, as I am now discovering!
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
Plans are to first reach people who rent, people who could afford to add a system like this to their cars. With funds beyond overhead we plan to then reach those who do not have, people living in cars they own, in Hope's we bring more customers on board we would like to then put people in cars who have nothing, which could comfortably house. Those without work, we'd hope could then start working with companies like postmates, to gain employment while comfortably living and building a future they might not have thought would be possible.
9. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
How did you hear about this challenge?