Untangle - Your - Truth
Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Website or social media url(s) (optional):
May 15, 2017
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Start-Up (first few activities have happened)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
The video says it all, but just to reiterate: I decided to start this project because I was in a fog and my vision was clouded during my younger years (high school). I was too busy focusing on what other people had and comparing myself to them. After a traumatic event took place, everything from my goals to my mindset was shifted. Although traumatic, this event took a turn for the best and made me become aware of what I myself would like to accomplish, what I could do, and most importantly, who I am as a person.
Through the eyes of a ChangeMaker
Family - the ones who are always there
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
Conquering fear, comfort zones and being your own individual as well as thinking outside what you're told to think. Creating and manifesting your own vision into life. The problem is our generation revolves around media that signifies a specific way of acting, dressing, living and JUST BEING. It is understood that this is not a 100% solvable solution, but could awaken others to see the bigger picture, follow their hearts and be true to their call
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
Our aim is to emerge as a group of diverse, conscious creatives. These individuals will strive to bring about light, understanding and good vibes while also valuing aspects of collaboration and empowering all people. This could be done through different platforms such as music, film, and the internet, all to show that it is all about truth, creativity, peace and balance.
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
Depending on what the individuals themselves would like to contribute or create, the program itself works as a collective unit. That being said, whether the project is music, film or internet based, if a person comes along with an idea, we would consult about what the message entails, who it is for, and how it is going to positively impact the audience. From there, as a group, we can put forth the time, effort and energy in transmuting the idea into real-life.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
My project is different because not only is it just a project to myself and my team member, but our overall approach stems from a feeling that resonates deeply within us, is something that we've lived through, and is a life-long journey that we've figured out is our calling. A calling to put forth such inspiring messages to spread awareness and raise other's consciousness in order to act as a collective in todays world.
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
At this point, our project is well past an idea, yet starting up slowly but surely. We ourselves have been told that we inspire and bring light and happiness to people wherever we go, just by being ourselves. We have spoken to other individuals who are skilled in areas like music and film/technology, in hopes of recruiting more creatives. Many of these like-minded people have agreed on the basis of the concept and what the program is trying to do, which is helping people see that they can do and be themselves while also raising their awareness and consciousness of the world they're living in. (In a creative manner of course).
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
What's to come:
- Starting our program's own Instagram and Twitter page
- Recruiting and hosting meetings with more creatives
- Shooting an advertising campaign video for our program
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
- Parental support
- Team members/creatives
- Funding for materials
- Word of mouth!
9. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
We could involve young people by going into our old elementary, middle and high schools to have talks with all of the kids. Our group would actually be able to relate to anyone. The younger kids who'll want to listen because this has to do with the generation, especially the music and media aspect. People our own age who we grew up with could also easily relate due to going through the same events as us (having a playful childhood, yet experiencing the emergence of technology first hand, and seeing how it's effecting younger generations). Older generations could also benefit by having clear-cut explanations and better knowledge on why and how the new generations act, speak and think.
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
Black or African American (for example: African American, Jamaican, Haitian, Nigerian, Ethiopian, Somalian, etc) (8)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
How did you hear about this challenge?
Referral: If you discovered the Challenge thanks to an organization or person other than Ashoka or T-Mobile, who was it?
@JAYVERSACE on twitter! Big thanks to him!!!