Together Re-Can do it.
Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
April 5, 2018
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Idea (hoping to get started in the future)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
We are trying to reduce pollution around our community first and then make it global.
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
We are planning to make trash cans with recycle bins attached to them, around parks, lakes, schools, etc. They will be attached so people will not throw paper and other reusable items on the ground or in the trash.
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
The people/group can help make our product and help set them around different areas.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
Other people don't make a product to help the environment by recycling, they just say recycle this and that. We are trying to actually make a difference.
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
We will try reaching out to the mayor of our city and try and get it started.
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
After we produce this idea around our community we will take it to the state, then the country, then the world.
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
People to make the product, money, and other people to think of more creative ideas.
9. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
Donations less than $100
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
They could help us reach out to their friends and family, and to improve our idea, they could also help with making money, and making the product.
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
Hispanic, Latino/a, or Spanish origin (for example: Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuba, Salvadoran, Dominican, Colombian) (7)
Asian (for example: Chinese, Filipino, Indian, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Pakistani) (9)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
Communities of color
Religious minority (non-Christian)
How did you hear about this challenge?
Recommended by others
T-Mobile page or contact
Word of mouth
Referral: If you discovered the Challenge thanks to an organization or person other than Ashoka or T-Mobile, who was it?
Our LEAP teacher that helped us to begin our idea.