Rescue The Rescue
Saving dogs one paw at a time!
Website or social media url(s) (optional):
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Start-Up (first few activities have happened)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
We are stepping up to make a change because we believe that not only humans deserve better rights, but so do animals. We are passionate about animals, and we hope to inspire and encourage others to make a difference with something they love.
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
We are helping an organization that assists in saving the lives of animals trapped in kill shelters. The problem of animals being in kill shelters is persistent because many people want a pet, but they aren't ready for one, or they mistreat an animal, or a circumstance comes up. These people then give their pets away to a shelter, which eventually starts to run out of space, so they have to euthanize animals. Animals deserve happy lives too.
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
Many dogs are in kill shelters, just waiting to have their lives taken from them. We plan to help solve this problem by raising money in any way that we can and donating it to Habitat4Paws, a nonprofit organization with a vision in line with ours. We strongly believe in this cause and plan to have bigger and better events as we continue to grow.
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
Last spring we had an Easter fundraiser, and many people came and bought various items or donated to us for about 4 hours. After this we donated 90% of our profit to Habitat 4 Paws, a foster organization that helps animals in kill shelters, and they were able to use the money we earned.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
We are different from other groups because we are young, and driven with a purpose. We believe in what we are doing, and we really want to continue this journey with RescueTheRescue to make a difference, no matter how young we are. Our cause is a matter of life and death for innocent, undeserving animals and we believe that's a good reason to continue support for what we're doing. There are no other groups like us.
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
So far, we have donated $192.00 to Habitat4Paws.
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
We would like to continue to expand with RescueTheRescue by increasing the amount and quality of our fundraisers and helping to make them known to more people. We also want to increase our publicity and social media presence to spread the word of our cause people of all ages and kinds.
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
We don't really require much support financially, although it would be welcomed and greatly appreciated, but we really just want to become more public, and get our feet off the ground. Our goal is to expand and reach out to more people.
9. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
Donations less than $100
Donations between $100-$1k
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
We would love to work with another group who is also involved with dogs and animals or who has a similar passion to ours. We haven't seen any specific ideas yet, but we would love to work with anyone who's willing to work with us. We've considered working with our classmates who have other inspirational ideas and businesses, but neither groups have taken any initiative. We are always welcome to collaboration and helping others make a difference.
How did you hear about this challenge?
Recommended by others
Word of mouth