Adding valuable sidewalks to roads that desperately need them
Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Idea (hoping to get started in the future)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
There are little to no sidewalks on most seagoville roads making it dangerous for the people without transportation who have to walk.
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
We are going to work with the city to add sidewalks to the roads that need it.
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
If its a single volunteer then we can put them to work creating or adding the side-walks if they want to. For groups its much the same. If they don't want to get hands dirty then they could donate and the money could be used to full-fill the project.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
This program is currently for Seagoville ,Tx
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
We haven't started yet
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
The project could span out to more cities around Seagoville
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
It's going to need a lot of pre-planning and working out the kinks of a normal city wide project
9. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
We would love to get volunteers from schools and school programs like JROTC.
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
Hispanic, Latino/a, or Spanish origin (for example: Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuba, Salvadoran, Dominican, Colombian) (7)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
How did you hear about this challenge?
Referral: If you discovered the Challenge thanks to an organization or person other than Ashoka or T-Mobile, who was it?
This was a project our English teacher had us do at the end of our school year.