The Nationwide Gardens Project
Helping our world one garden at a time
Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Idea (hoping to get started in the future)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
My team and I decided to start this project because we don't have a community garden in Clinton twp, Michigan and we would like to expand this project to other places in the US so then other communities can have a nice garden too.
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
The problem we're are helping to solve is that people don't have a community garden so we are going to give it to them. We are also making t-shirts so then the money we make we can give to people who dont have enough money to afford food.
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
My team and I are planning to solve this problem by building a garden for our community and making t-shirts so then we can give that money we make to people who doesn't have enough money to afford food.
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
When a person gets involved with our project they'll help build the community garden and they'll wear and advertise the Nationwide Gardens Project shirt.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
What's different about our project compared to other programs or solutions already out there is that our garden isn't just full of pretty flowers. We are going to have a green house with growing fruits & vegetables, nice decor, a little market for the fruits and vegetables, and hold events for the needy to get fresh fruits & vegetables to eat.
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
How our project is going to make a difference is that people are going to have a place to enjoy themselves, buy fresh fruits & vegetables, and also give out some of the fruits and vegetables to those who really need it.
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
Some ideas that my team and I have for taking our project to the next level is possibly next year we are going to expand this project across the united states by one state at a time.
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
Some resources we are going to need is, money (mainly), garden tools, fertilizer, different type of flowers, vegetables,trees,bushes(seeds), materials for a greenhouse,etc.
9. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
How I can partner up with other change makers is, if they have either the same or similar idea as me, because then we can partner up and work together.
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
White (for example: German, Irish, English, Italian, Polish, French) (6)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
No, I do not identify with an underrepresented community
How did you hear about this challenge?
Referral: If you discovered the Challenge thanks to an organization or person other than Ashoka or T-Mobile, who was it?