The Shhhh App
The quiet ringer app
Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Idea (hoping to get started in the future)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
I'm standing up to make a change because I saw an issue in the world and I want to fix it. The issue is every time you walk into a courtroom or meeting or library you always have to turn your ringer off. And then if you forget to the ringer goes off disturbing people embarrassing yourself and causing everyone to be annoyed at you. Enter the Shhh app. This app uses location to turn off the ringer based on where you are. Imagine being in a courtroom or the library or in a movie theater and not having to turn off your ringer because the app does it for you. Please choose me for the T-Mobile Changemakers program and let's make this dream a reality.
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
This app will stop phones from ringing in the middle of important times.
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
This app uses location to shut off the ringer based on where you are.
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
For example if someone walks into a movie theater, the ringer will shut off automatically.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
This is a new idea that to the best of what I know no one has made yet.
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
This will make people more focused and take away the need to look at your phone when it rings because it won't.
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
My other idea would be to add a voice command to the app to shut off the ringer.
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
I need advice on how to move on with building this app which I plan to get.
9. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
I am open to learning about other approaches to make this a a reality.
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
White (for example: German, Irish, English, Italian, Polish, French) (6)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
Religious minority (non-Christian)
How did you hear about this challenge?
T-Mobile page or contact