Reduce commuting time
Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
This is a new idea, I come up with the idea on 1st May 2018.
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Idea (hoping to get started in the future)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
Traffic on the street to go to school is bad. If I can create a way to reduce the traffic, I can actually improve quality of live for everybody.
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
Time wasted on traffic. Some traffic lights was pre programmed and not able to adapt changes. Automation was based on sensor to know if there is a car on it or not. It can not tell the difference if the car stop or moving. By using available technology, automation can be smarter.
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
Video can be used to analyze the traffic density. Algorithm can be developed to change traffic light timing to help reducing traffic congestion.
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
If it is implemented, quality of live of people can be improved by having extra time saved during commuting. Stress level can be reduced.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
I do not see this idea implemented anywhere.
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
It is in idea stage, It will make differences when traffic reduced, streets in the intersection have about the right green and red lights to reduce traffic.
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
I need mentor to bounce idea and partner that have the experience about "deep learning" similar to autonomous drive in the car. I also need programmer to work on the software. We are then going to build prototype and test it. Deployment in small area and if it is ready we can deploy it in larger scale project.
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
I am going to need a shop to build the camera prototype, a computer lab to create the algorithm. School support would be great, so that I can work on it during break or after school. It maybe too big of a project for me alone. Expertise help and funding is necessary. Infrastructure as T-mobile wireless network also needed.
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
I am open to work with others. It is way bigger than me. It is great if we can make this world a better place to live. I am happy enough to be part of it.
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
Asian (for example: Chinese, Filipino, Indian, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Pakistani) (9)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
How did you hear about this challenge?