A website that maps homeless people and users of the site can choose effective/ creative posters to help increase empathy/understanding.
Additional categories (optional)
Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Eligibility: Date of Birth
Help us stay in touch!
MD: Potomac (20854)
Date You Started Your Project Started
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Idea (hoping to get started in the future)
1. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
Many homeless people on the side of streets are overlooked because of snap judgments. By changing how the homeless people are percieved, many people
2. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
Through collaboration with artists and psychologists, posters will be sold on this website that are specifically designed in words and artistic features to make homeless people more approachable and able to be helped. Psychologists can learn about which signs create the most action by donators. Psychologists can use this as a platform to run experiments and artists can be hired to be discovered by people who walk by. Also, the homeless people can advertise on their sign for local businesses. These three factors, art, psychology from words and experiments, and mini billboards make the homeless person and the sign more interesting to interact with.
3. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project?
I am very interested in altruism and like to help out people. I want to know why I want to help some more than others and how movements are made to empower.
4. Selfie Elevator Pitch: Include 1-minute video that answers the following “I am stepping up to make change because...”
5. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
When a psychologist gets involved they can run altriusm experiments based on the art, wording and other variables of the sign and presentation of plea. An artists can be discovered. Businesses and organization can pay the homeless person to carry their sign.
6. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
This approach is centered around helping homeless people feel autonomous while also gaining knowledge about how to help people- altruism.
7. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
People will feel more empowered to help homeless people and homeless people will feel more empowered by the simple act of helping their effort. Over time, I hope this organization will pick homeless people off the ground and socialize them back into the workforce and help with confidence and mental illness.
8. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
Finding partners to write words, and art ideas on each personalized posters. I also need to hire people to interact with homeless people and make posters tailored to their story and dreams that is not humiliating, but inspirational to them and the people around them.
9. Which of the following types of expertise would be most useful for you?
How did you hear about this challenge?