This is a reproducible charity event that uses plogging- running and picking up trash- to foster community while saving the environment.
Additional categories (optional)
Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Eligibility: Date of Birth
Help us stay in touch!
8809 Watts Mine Terrace
Date You Started Your Project Started
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Idea (hoping to get started in the future)
1. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
There is a lot of litter in public places and in nature. By picking up trash, the local community will be empowered to keep their surroundings clean.
2. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
This fundraiser competitions requires participants to go for runs around the event scene and pickup trash with their trashbag. It is either a race to fill the bag first or to weigh the bag and get a prize.
3. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project?
I love the atmosphere of charity races and I also love to go on hikes and pick up trash. I wanted to fuse the two activities together to make a social change event for charity.
4. Selfie Elevator Pitch: Include 1-minute video that answers the following “I am stepping up to make change because...”
5. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
When a company wants to create a fundraiser they will hire us to create the event.
6. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
other charity events are individual and fitness based. This charity run helps create change by using each individual rather than just their money.
7. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
This project will hopefully create opportunities for people to feel more inclined to pick up trash in general. and think about their consumption patterns
8. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
I need to learn more about create the event in one area and scaling.
9. Which of the following types of expertise would be most useful for you?
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
White (for example: German, Irish, English, Italian, Polish, French) (6)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
Religious minority (non-Christian)
How did you hear about this challenge?