The Mist Catcher
Give Water to people who don't have access to it.
Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Eligibility: Date of Birth
December 15, 2005
Help us stay in touch!
Connecticut: New Haven 06515
Date You Started Your Project Started
September 1, 2019
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Idea (hoping to get started in the future)
1. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
Water shortage, it matters because if you don't have water you can die and some people don't have water
2. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
Make a mist catcher and put it in an extremly misty area. After most of the mist is collected put it into clean recycled water bottles and hand it out.
3. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project?
I read a book and I heard the words mist catcher.
4. Selfie Elevator Pitch: Include 1-minute video that answers the following “I am stepping up to make change because...”
I am stepping up to make a change because I want to do good and help people who don't have access to clean water.
5. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
We tell him/her what to do and how to do it. We welcome them and they are a part of a "family"
6. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
I was inspired by a book I read it talked about mist catchers
7. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
We have not started yet
8. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
Make campaigns and get donations.
9. Which of the following types of expertise would be most useful for you?
10. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
Asian (for example: Chinese, Filipino, Indian, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Pakistani) (9)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
Communities of color
Religious minority (non-Christian)
How did you hear about this challenge?
Recommended by others
Word of mouth
Referral: If you discovered the Challenge thanks to an organization or person other than Ashoka or T-Mobile, who was it?