Artificial intelligence in agriculture
Create app that can detect infection on a plant suggest the possible solution and where to obtain particular medicine.
Additional categories (optional)
Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Eligibility: Date of Birth
29 march 1998
Help us stay in touch!
Date You Started Your Project Started
New idea but found early this year January
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Idea (hoping to get started in the future)
1. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
Decline in production due to lack of knowledge especially on the new diseases that affect crops as well as lack of awareness where to get the needed medicine at low cost to cure the disease.
2. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
By providing special tabs to the farmers that will have our applications already linked to suppliers of the medicine to cure various diseases , markets and suppliers of various farming inputs!. So farmers are to be given knowledge on the use of the app
3. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project?
Born in rural areas , being one of the families affected by lack of knowledge on the diseases and proper farming ways hence decline in production.
5. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
Its to facilitate increase in production by fighting against the diseases that act a threat to crops and create foward and backward linkage to farmers and suppliers.
6. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
Link between the suppliers of inputs , markets , agriculture specialists and suppliers of medicines
7. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
To focus much on rural areas in which agriculture is dominant and the backbone of most economies
8. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
Enter partnership with world food programs and technical universities to promote the integration of artificial intelligence in agriculture
9. Which of the following types of expertise would be most useful for you?
10. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
Black or African American (for example: African American, Jamaican, Haitian, Nigerian, Ethiopian, Somalian, etc) (8)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
No, I do not identify with an underrepresented community
How did you hear about this challenge?
T-Mobile page or contact
Referral: If you discovered the Challenge thanks to an organization or person other than Ashoka or T-Mobile, who was it?