Pay what you can, upcycled, and customized clothing for low income families.
Additional categories (optional)
Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Eligibility: Date of Birth
Help us stay in touch!
18 Day Road Swanzey NH 03446
Website or social media url(s) (optional):
Coming Soon :)
Date You Started Your Project Started
August 15, 2019
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Start-Up (first few activities have happened)
1. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
The problem we are trying to help solve is reduce the amount of stress low income families have by providing them propper clothing all year round and for all occasion. One less thing to worry about can make a huge impact in someone's life.
2. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
To solve this problem we will be creating an app and a website in the future for low income families to access. Brand ReNew has free shipping and the website is pay what you can with a minimum of $1. The money made from this site will go into shipping fees. In the future if we have enough funding to cover shipping we will be donating any left over funds to charities that help provide families with living facilities and food. We will also be providing formal wear for interviews and applications along with a portion on how to write a resume and cover letter.
3. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project?
The motivation behind this project is primarily to help people and reduce stress. We both personally struggle a lot with stress and anxiety and understand that even the smallest bits of relief are the most comforting at times. We want to take the stress of buying enough or proper clothing for low income families
4. Selfie Elevator Pitch: Include 1-minute video that answers the following “I am stepping up to make change because...”
5. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
Hypothetically When a person gets involved with Brand ReNew it will go one of two ways. If you are donating you will get the feeling of happiness and helpfulness for providing the community with clothing. If you are receiving the clothing you will be provided with quality clothing for any occasion, age, and gender that you order.
6. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
Brand ReNew is a free shipping pay what you can nonprofit organization. Instead of lower costs its a $1 minimum for everything sitewide. This deal never expires and shipping will always be free. We also provide formal wear, LGBT friendly, and baby/ toddler clothing compared to other places that mostly just have a limited supply of adult and kids clothing.
7. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
So far we have asked around our community for clothing donations. The community is getting rid of clothing that no longer fits or they no longer want and we are using these clothes to provide low income families with the proper attire.
8. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
To take our idea to the next level we will be creating a website and an application for easy access to the services we provide. We will make local ads to broadcast our idea as well as creating a instagram and posting.
9. Which of the following types of expertise would be most useful for you?
10. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
White (for example: German, Irish, English, Italian, Polish, French) (6)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
How did you hear about this challenge?
Word of mouth
Referral: If you discovered the Challenge thanks to an organization or person other than Ashoka or T-Mobile, who was it?
Our advisor Elizabeth Cardine of the MC2 Charter school in Keene NH.