An after school or in school program to reduce the violence, gang relation, teen pregnancy, and abuse in society.
Additional categories (optional)
Website or social media url(s) (optional):
Date You Started Your Project Started
Today! September 24,2019
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Idea (hoping to get started in the future)
1. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
Problems in society consist of youth being involved in activities such as :gang, drugs, violence, abuse, teen pregnancy, etc.
2. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
My solution is to help decrease the percentage of youth being involved in activities that take them nowhere in life to having a hope for a brighter future.
3. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project?
Growing up, my brothers had gave our elementary music teacher the idea idea of starting a hip hop dance group to help the youth to be involved with an after school program to focus on break dance and hip hop as a way to avoid being in the streets, doing drugs and violence, as well as teen pregnancy. This program carried out for quite a few years and really made a difference. I do not know the reason the program stopped but I do know it was an amazing experience to take part in and allowed so many kids to come together and give a message of change.
5. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
How many kids are taking part in activities that do them no good? What other way is there to take in order to decrease the bad in society from youth? By breaking a chain of violence, it starts with the youth!
6. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
Growing up, I’ve only realized that this opportunity has made a difference and as along as it continues for generations to come, then it’s something everyone can rely on. Many parents that work full time and have difficulty having time with their kids because they are trying to provide a stable home for their family tend to become a lot for youth and kids to take in. A lot of single parents having to make it by and don’t have time to make sure their kids are not out taking part in negativity. This program helps families in need as well as youth and kids to better their lives.
7. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
So far, though it has yet to start up, this project is going to make an impact by involving youth and kids into a life changing experience!
8. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
My next idea to take this project to the next level is to partner with many other organizations to make this program a big deal and a big opportunity for everyone!
9. Which of the following types of expertise would be most useful for you?
10. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
How did you hear about this challenge?