We collect recyclable materials and we use reuse them in programs to build other innovative items.
Additional categories (optional)
Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Eligibility: Date of Birth
Help us stay in touch!
8809 Watts Mine Terrace
MD: Potomac (20854)
Date You Started Your Project Started
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Idea (hoping to get started in the future)
1. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
Recycling is expensive in transport and consumers of products are not jazzed by the idea of recycling. It is important to create a conscious movement to be accountable for the materials we use.
2. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
This educational program take students, adults in groups or individually for classes and events to build boats, and other things out of recycled materials.
3. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project?
I created a boat out of recycled materials this year and had fun learning the building process and felt good suing materials that would otherwise not be put to use as well.
4. Selfie Elevator Pitch: Include 1-minute video that answers the following “I am stepping up to make change because...”
5. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
Someone uses the space to create a boat or other functional or decorational piece. Once they are done they pay to keep the creation.
6. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
It uses recycling to educate on engineering and design.
7. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
It would allow people to tap into their creativity more and use already produced materials rather than expensive and environmentally damaging materials.
8. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
Finding ways to collect recyclable materials and storing them in a space that people can use to create.
9. Which of the following types of expertise would be most useful for you?
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
White (for example: German, Irish, English, Italian, Polish, French) (6)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
Religious minority (non-Christian)
How did you hear about this challenge?