Cosmetology School for kids and teens
Giving back to young kids and teens that have a interest in the beauty industry.
Date You Started Your Project Started
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Idea (hoping to get started in the future)
1. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
This is an issue because the beauty industry needs more people. Especially people that are young. I believe we can get a lot of young people that are motivated to join into the beauty industry.
2. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
I believe I would reach out to young kids and teens by going to schools to talk to them. Plus, I can start teach young kids or teens on the side. I have my cosmetology license so I go do like apprenticeship. I would be teaching them different beauty tips and tricks. I will help them until they have reached the amount of hours to get there cosmetology license.
3. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project?
I decided to do this project because of my motivation for kids. Kids are always looking up too me as a role model. I feel like my passion is to help kids and teens. I will work diligently to make sure this does get done. Kids and teens deserve an outlet as well.
4. Selfie Elevator Pitch: Include 1-minute video that answers the following “I am stepping up to make change because...”
I am making a change because I believe that it only takes one person and then others will began to follow in your footsteps. I want to leave a remarkable legacy for others to remember me by.
5. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
When a group gets involved with this project it will be making a change for young teens and kids. Especially, if the kid or teen dropped out of school at least they have a trade under there belt. I feel like if a student drops out of school, they should at least have a trade. In this case they will have a set job.
6. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
The difference is I am specially reaching kids and teens. So often times we over look kids and teenagers. When ultimately they are the future of tommrow.
7. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
I plan on making a difference by giving back to the community. I would be helping young kids and teens to get to there future career goals.
8. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
I want to start up an actual school. I would need financial resources to help me with this endeavor.
9. Which of the following types of expertise would be most useful for you?
How did you hear about this challenge?