Evaluating Point of Care Testing in Community Pharmacies and Assessing the Implementation of a Pilot Program
Designing and implementing the project
Additional categories (optional)
Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Eligibility: Date of Birth
Help us stay in touch!
5801 Muirfield Lane
MI: Troy (48085)
Date You Started Your Project Started
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Established (successfully passed early phases, have a plan for the future)
1. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
In urban settings such as those in Detroit, patients have limited access to healthcare facilities and diagnostic testing for acute and chronic disease states, delaying diagnosis and treatment of common health conditions. By bringing testing to pharmacies (many more pharmacies than clinics), people are expected to not only find out of there condition earlier, they will also be treated earlier and in a cost-effective manner.
2. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
The overarching goal of our research is to improve the timeliness of diagnostic testing and help improve access to appropriate drug therapy for individuals that suffer from common medical conditions found among urban community residents such as those living in Detroit, Michigan. By implementing a device which tests patients for these common conditions far earlier, we can expect communities to noticeably get better.
3. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project?
I grew up in similar conditions where I was unable to access clinics and my health subsequently suffered. Many in my community complain of the same issue.
5. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
Whoever gets involved in our project is immediately incorporated into the project's mission, to help people in our community get better. Whatever we are doing, we immediately delegate so that another person has ample responsibilities.
6. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
There aren't any projects at the moment engaged in the same efforts as us.
8. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
Implementing a pilot program in urban detroit
9. Which of the following types of expertise would be most useful for you?
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
Communities of color
Religious minority (non-Christian)
How did you hear about this challenge?