Help the homeless
We take unwanted clothes and wash them, fix them and give them to the homeless; this reduces clothing waste. We also give out basic needs.
Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Eligibility: Date of Birth
Help us stay in touch!
67 Stanley Circle, Staten Island, NY, 10308
Date You Started Your Project Started
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Start-Up (first few activities have happened)
1. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
We are trying to reduce clothing waste along with helping the homeless with basic needs such as food and water.
2. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
To reduce clothing waste, my team and I decided to take gangly used clothes and hand them out to the homeless. We also decided to hand out food, water, blankets, etc, to the homeless as well.
3. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project?
Every year 37,000 people die due to homelessness. It’s is so upsetting. Also, every second, millions of garbage is thrown out. Both are huge issues. We would like to make a difference in our community by trying to solve these problems step by step.
4. Selfie Elevator Pitch: Include 1-minute video that answers the following “I am stepping up to make change because...”
This is a script of what we would say to describe our project and to include why we are stepping up to the challenge
5. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
They Donate clothes, food or water to help us make our community a better place.
6. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
Other programs do not give the homeless the basic needs as well as clothes. Unlike us who give out clothes, water, food, jackets, blankets, etc,”.
7. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
It has been a success. It is astonishing how many people care about this issue. We have gotten so many donations.
8. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
We would like to take our project state or nationwide. We believe that this is an issue that most of America faces.
9. Which of the following types of expertise would be most useful for you?
10. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
White (for example: German, Irish, English, Italian, Polish, French) (6)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
No, I do not identify with an underrepresented community
How did you hear about this challenge?
T-Mobile page or contact
Referral: If you discovered the Challenge thanks to an organization or person other than Ashoka or T-Mobile, who was it?
T mobile Tuesday’s.