I’m a founder and team leader of Swahili Inspiration
Additional categories (optional)
Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Eligibility: Date of Birth
Help us stay in touch!
Tanzania, Dar es slaam: +255682411725
Website or social media url(s) (optional):
Date You Started Your Project Started
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Start-Up (first few activities have happened)
1. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
At Swahili Inspiration, we are solving the problem of lack of valuable information and opportunities in African continent by inspiring and informing people with succes issues, global opportunities, valuable information and 4th indiustrial revolution news through Swahili language,African originated language.We are working through social medias,online Tv and magazine because these are easiest ways to reach many Africans who are using internet.
2. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
The easiest way to reach Africans who are using internet is through social medias, now days Africans are using social medias more than they have been listening to radio or watching Tvs.From that, we have built strong foundations on social medias which are most used by Africans so that we can inform them with opportunities and valuable information on real time.
On social medias, we are able to reach directly more than 10,000 Africans on every single day.
We are collecting informations and annouced opportunities from different organisations and companies, then we translate and share to our people on real time by using language they understand better.
3. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project?
My name is John Haule, i’m a 22 years old Tanzanian youth, second year University student and founder of Swahili Inspiration.I was born and i’m living in African continent which is one among the left behind continent in many positive things in the world.As i was trying to look what is delaying us or made us to be left behind i realised that one of the reason is lack of valuable information.I realised that Africans are receiving many informations about gossip contents than opportunities contents.There are very few medias reporting about opportunities contents, and even these few, are reporting in a laguage which is not understood by all Africans.
After all these, i decided to be the change maker by starting Swahili Inspiration which is a digital media for inspiring and informing Africans with informations which might have something do with their future by using Swahili language.
4. Selfie Elevator Pitch: Include 1-minute video that answers the following “I am stepping up to make change because...”
“I am stepping up to make change because...”
5. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
Through Swahili Inspiration, we have managed to reach millions of Africans directly and indirectly.
One of the best moment to us was when the African youngest billionaire, Mohamed Dewji($1.9 billion net worth) started to use our Swahili Inspiration contents and so he shared to his social medias which has millions of followers.When the African youngest billionaire who is role model to many Africans, he shared our Swahili contents to his social medias with millions of followers, first it enabled our content to reach many people, second it gave exposure to us, third new people started to use our services.
6. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
Most of other programs have no specific approach to reach many Africans as;
- Most of them are using English language while we are using Swahili language.
- Most of them are operating through mobile apps while we are using social medias platforms which are the easiest way to reach many Africans who are using internet.
7. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
Through our social media platforms, we are able to reach directly more than 10,000 Africans on every single day.
Through social medias Platforms, we have managed to reach millions of Africans indirectly when our contents have been shared with people like Mohamed dewji whos is African youngest billionaire who is followed by millions of Africans on his social medias.
8. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
- We are coming with our Swahili Inspiration online Tv where we will let many African people to discuss about different ways which can be used to develop our continent and it’s people.
- The Swahili Inspiration online Tv will let people get informed and on otherside make us earn revenue from Youtube advertisements, this means we are going to earn profits without directly charging our people.
- Last month we pitched and still talking to United Nation(UN) Tanzania about how can we partner with them to mentor and support African youth who have better ideas for Sustainable Developments Goals through our Swahili Global Goals Challenge.
9. Which of the following types of expertise would be most useful for you?
10. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
Donations between $1k-$5k
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
Black or African American (for example: African American, Jamaican, Haitian, Nigerian, Ethiopian, Somalian, etc) (8)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
How did you hear about this challenge?
Referral: If you discovered the Challenge thanks to an organization or person other than Ashoka or T-Mobile, who was it?
Isaya Yunge, Founder of Soma Apps and Smart Kaya.