After use, when you plant our tampons, a tree is planted.
Additional categories (optional)
Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Eligibility: Date of Birth
Help us stay in touch!
8809 Watts Mine Terrace
Date You Started Your Project Started
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Idea (hoping to get started in the future)
1. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
Global warming and deforestation.
2. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
After use of our biodegradable tampons, the blood and nutrients from menstruation combined with soil and seed inside of the tampon will be planted and grow into a tree. It will help the soil and eventually a tree will grow.
3. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project?
I go camping a lot and had a problem with disposing of my tampons.
5. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
They plant a tree and feel empowered by their periods
6. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
Tampon is biodegradable and creates trees when planted.
7. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
It will plant more trees so future generations will be better off and protected from climate change.
8. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
Creating the physical product.
9. Which of the following types of expertise would be most useful for you?
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
White (for example: German, Irish, English, Italian, Polish, French) (6)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
Religious minority (non-Christian)
How did you hear about this challenge?