My proposal is to have more available garbage cans in the Bronx and Harlem neighborhoods. There would be a decrease in littering trash.
Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Eligibility: Date of Birth
August 07, 1998
Where are you located:
Bronx N.Y., 10462
Harlem N.Y., 10029
May 12, 2018.
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Idea (hoping to get started in the future)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
I am interested because the environment people live in heavily affects their mental wellness. When someone is in a dirty place they tend to associate those images to themselves and negatively impact their self image. With the community clean up, there will be improvement im the environment, mental wellness, the imgabitabrs and the overall image of New York City.
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
I am reduce littering and the overall image of some New York regions.
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
I would like to add more trash cans around the New York City Bronx and Harlem area. This will help to reduce littering and garbage build-up around the areas.
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
If a group is involved, more work will get done in a shorter span of time. More clean up can be done in an efficient manner and the tasks will finish faster.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
My project is straight to the paint and has a clear idea of what is expected and necessary to get this job done.
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
My project has not made a difference yet, but it will in the future.
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
After tackling the issue of littering/unclean neighborhoods, I will then move in to issues such as feeding the homeless.
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
What is necessary to make my vision necessary would be the help of team members to work towards a specific goal, durable garbage cans, garbage bags, a storage unit, etc.
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
There are a a lot of companies and organizations that are community based that I could partner with to achieve my goal. Unfortunately, I do not know of any as if right now, but I am open to learning more about other approaches.
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
Black or African American (for example: African American, Jamaican, Haitian, Nigerian, Ethiopian, Somalian, etc) (8)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
Communities of color
No, I do not identify with an underrepresented community
How did you hear about this challenge?
Referral: If you discovered the Challenge thanks to an organization or person other than Ashoka or T-Mobile, who was it?
Jay Versace the Instagram celebrity.