Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Eligibility: Date of Birth
August 7, 1999
Where are you located:
Gadsden, AL 35901
May / 30 / 2018
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Idea (hoping to get started in the future)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
The city of Gadsden does not have a lot to do for the younger generation. The more bored young people become, the more trouble they tend to get into. This problem still exists because there are not enough people who are not always willing to go the extra mile to encourage and support young people.
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
I plan to host activities that young people will enjoy while giving them an outlet to express themselves. I plan to have events like poetry slams, game nights, karaoke nights, as well as incorporate community service.
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
A person who becomes involved with Generation Moving Forward will find that it is a no judgment zone. We will have people who are always open to listen and approach them with compassion. A lot of times all a young person needs is someone to listen.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
My project is different because I see things from the young people's perspective. I realize that I can't go about things the way that older generations used to. This will allow me to better reach out because I am relatable.
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
I plan to make a difference by opening doors for opportunities of expression. If young people are able to be involved and have activities we are less likely to be in trouble. If young people are getting involved it better our community because we are making it a better environment.
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
I am planning to partner with organizations connected to community service. Within the next few months, I will be kicking off the Stay Encouraged initiative for high school graduates going to high school. Next year I hope to be to the point where we can take pictures so that young people know that there is more out there.
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
I want to have different fundraisers to bring in funds for the activities and trips. I want to bring on a team to help with the paperwork as well as chaperoning activities. I will be building social media for the organization so that we can share what we are doing with other. Eventually, I want for us to have a building to serve as a central area for all of our activities.
9. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
I am open to different approaches to getting our youth involved. I am going to be looking for other young people who want to help show that we can do anything our minds to. I want to team up with young entrepreneurs and speakers who are willing to share some of the knowledge that they have acquired.
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
Black or African American (for example: African American, Jamaican, Haitian, Nigerian, Ethiopian, Somalian, etc) (8)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
Communities of color
How did you hear about this challenge?
Word of mouth
Complete this evaluation to see the results from the rest of the community