Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Growth (have moved past the very first activities; working towards the next level of expansion)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
We decided to start this project as a response to a different challenge called the Congressional App challenge. We chose our idea to make an impact on our local community.
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
We are solving the problem of a lack of volunteers for community organizations, a lack of a medium for small businesses and possible customers, as well as a simple way to get in touch with elected government officials.
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
ImpACT gives users the opportunity to make a difference in their community through local service opportunities, through supporting local businesses, and through our Rep Connect feature that allows users to get in direct contact with their local, state, and federal elected government officials.
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
The individual or group is able to match with volunteer opportunities within their community, find local businesses to boost their city's economy, and make their voice heard to their government officials.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
This project is not oriented on money. ImpACT was developed with the idea of helping out small communities one at a time. Our ideal of service helps change the lives of those in need. Our ideal of shop local allows small communities to expand their economy. Our ideal of RepConnect allows the voices of anyone, regardless or background, race, religion, creed, or anything else, to be heard by lawmakers.
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
We have won two national challenges, and set the stage to success within our community of Hamilton, Ohio.
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
We would like to improve our marketing, expand to more communities across the nation, and get everyone more involved within their community.
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
We need increased training in app development, better marketing strategies, and funding.
9. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
Donations less than $100
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
Our idea depends on individuals within towns across the nation to act as ambassadors for their town to bring ImpACT to their community.
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
White (for example: German, Irish, English, Italian, Polish, French) (6)
How did you hear about this challenge?
Recommended by others
Word of mouth
Complete this evaluation to see the results from the rest of the community