Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Eligibility: Date of Birth
Where are you located:
City, State: Guyton, GA Zip code: 31312
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Idea (hoping to get started in the future)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
Personally I’ve spent most of the 21 years I’ve been alive in a hospital bed fighting for my life . I came up with the idea “ Lean on Me “ , to help other sick kids keep their mind off the hospital. I want to create an app for people to basically talk and share their experiences with each other , make friends and just vent with people who are going through the same , similar or different situations. It easier to talk and relate you issues with someone who has been in your shoes or somewhat similar situation . I know when I remember spending months at a time in a hospital bed being depressing because nobody could really relate and actually feel the pain I felt . I also remember not being able to have visitors because of the risk of outside germs. So with this app I hope to create a video chat and forum for people to connect, share their stories and help each other heal through the process
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
I am trying to promote the awareness of depression from being in a hospital bed . I want people to connect and not feel as if they are all alone in their journey. I hope to fulfill a point to give hope. When you have all the worry in the world of life and like your sitting your life away in the hospital missing out , that there is someone just like you who can relate and help you keep hope whether it be someone in a similar situation or not.
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
I plan on creating an international app to help people from all over share their stories and connect with each other. Let’s face it, if you’ve never been in their shoes you can’t really understand exactly what’s going on and how they really feel. But I feel as if people who have or even different health situations can give a more impactful sense of help and listening ear .
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
The purpose of the app would be completely safe and protected. It would be just like making a Facebook profile asking your information to better subject you to others with similar situations though not mandatory if you don’t feel comfortable. Then then say you have a certain sickness, the app wiould list others who also have the same, and list their age (optional ) . You would get the send an invite to share you story sparking up conversation and going on from there. If their become friends you later get the option to video chat .
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
Through all my years I’ve never heard of anything quite like what I am trying to pursue.
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
My project is only in the idea stage , but I plan of making it happen one step at a time .
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
Brand ambassadors Social media
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
A sponsor Someone the help launch my app
9. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
Ronald McDonald House Campsunshine Hospital visits Fundraising
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
Black or African American (for example: African American, Jamaican, Haitian, Nigerian, Ethiopian, Somalian, etc) (8)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
Communities of color
How did you hear about this challenge?
Referral: If you discovered the Challenge thanks to an organization or person other than Ashoka or T-Mobile, who was it?
Jay Versace on instagram
Complete this evaluation to see the results from the rest of the community