"We're taking the Kid back from Kidnap"
Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Eligibility: Date of Birth
July 14th, 1997
Where are you located:
Millen, Ga (30442)
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Start-Up (first few activities have happened)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
I am stepping up to make a change because I want to be a social activist and speak for the ones who feel as if they have no voice. And this is an epademic that has plagued our people too long. No one deserves to lose a child not caused by natural causes. The best thing the parent can do is go to authorities and they put out amber alerts IF the caretaker saw the car. But what happens when you don't see anything and your child just doesn't come home. What do you do then? Who will you rely on? The words of people who last seen them? Idk about you but if that was me I wouldn't want those to be my options. But what if you can know exactly where they are and where they're going? That when I went to my journal and created this product. To take our kids back.
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
I'm helping all the victims of the milk cartons, countless amounts of people lost without their caretaker or the authorities knowing where they may be. So many times that goes unsolved and With this product that number can be decreased dramatically.
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
I plan on solving this by putting this product in every family home, anyone with children and a smartphone. I also plan on getting it on the wrist of every college student especially women. Too many times they are in situations where they needed someone to know exactly where they are. I'm trying to avoid as many scary scenarios as possible.
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
For the mother with kids imagine having the peace of mind to know your kid has made it to his/her destination safe and timely. For the college student walking home from any event alone imagine sending your location to 5 friends at the same time until you make it safely with a push of a button!
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
My X factor is discrete design. Its designed to look like a regular accessory to be in fact discrete. It will be a family thing and a college thing. There's no one that wouldn't use this because you never know. And when the never know happens at least you would know something.
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
My product is yet to make a launch but the impact on the community is tremendous. The support I'm getting from my community already is enough motivation to make this a huge movement. I plan on reducing the numbers of kidnapping and trafficking in America and eventually the world.
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
I plan on starting a whole anti kidnapping campaign and if it was a partnership with t-mobile, it could help reach heights unknown. This isn't just a domestic problem, it's a global crisis!
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
To maximize my vision I would like to partner with you and go on a whole campaign. With the partnership an engeneering and design team would be ideal to capture and maximize the movement were going to start. And of course funding and a website is going to be needed to cast the net as far as possible.
9. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
By partnering with other changemakers and young leaders would be tremendous! My future plans are to empower our youth! Set our young leaders up for success no matter the barrier because I believe that brilliance has no barrier.
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
Black or African American (for example: African American, Jamaican, Haitian, Nigerian, Ethiopian, Somalian, etc) (8)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
Communities of color
How did you hear about this challenge?
Recommended by others