Literally, threading light and positivity into the clothes that everyone wears!
Life is beautiful and colours are the beauty of life
Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Eligibility: Date of Birth
6058 days (16 years)
Where are you located:
Scotland, Fife, Kirkcaldy, KY2 6XD
Website or social media url(s) (optional):
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Idea (hoping to get started in the future)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
I just want change! I feel my positivity can enhance others and myself at the same time, I just want to inspire others to follow what they want and do good
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
I am helping people come out of there shell and not take impact from others opinions, not letting words shape them. People watch positive people on the internet but hide there real self from others and pretend they are something that they are not.
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
I am going to bring out colorful clothing that enhances people’s innerselfs. You put on new clothes everyday, some people just wear what they think looks cool to everyone else and not to thereself. I want to bring light to this gloomy country!
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
Someone who wants to follow there dream. A boy in his bedroom telling himself that he is going to be different at school today, going to break from the social expectation and be his true self. He goes to school and hides under his social acceptance blanket wearing plain clothes with people he doesn’t even like just so he can be accepted. Our clothing line comes in and he finds us, sees that we are letting him be whoever he wants in whatever way he wants, he gets these clothes and starts following our Instagram and stories, and it’ becomes a community, there is over people like him and they can communicate through the power of clothing. He goes back to school with these new clothes and manage stuff to break the social acceptance barrier, being himself and carving the path he is supposed to.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
We wish to create a company that is also a community for people like us, people who want to break out and be who they are, not just follow the school system and be whatever they think they want to be.
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
We have built in a small instagram following so far have roughly 6500 followers, these people have engaged with us as I am being who I want to be and doing what I want to do, not just following ‘social rules’ and obeying others.
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
I want to build this following more so we can direct people to our main Idea and introduce it properly, so we can inspire them and build there confidence through clothing
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
We would need a small funding to begin and need to find a clothing making company that designs what we wish and would hope to use all of our profit as a snowball effect and we would need exposure. Also a website would need to be created so we could display our clothing.
9. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
If we get exposure, we would meet others like us! People who wish to make a change so we couldn’t help them start up and they can create what we are creating. Joining communities into one community. The world.
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
White (for example: German, Irish, English, Italian, Polish, French) (6)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
How did you hear about this challenge?
Word of mouth
Referral: If you discovered the Challenge thanks to an organization or person other than Ashoka or T-Mobile, who was it?