The Magician in us!
Helping people forget about their worries through the performing and teaching of magic.
Magic speaks to everyone. There is no language barrier. Like a smile - the feeling of wonder is universal.
There are no 7 wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million.
Magic. The art that helps everyone forget about their worries - even if it's only for a second.
Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Eligibility: Date of Birth
June 19, 1996
Where are you located:
California: Anaheim (92804), Fullerton (92832)
Website or social media url(s) (optional):
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Start-Up (first few activities have happened)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
I am stepping up to make a change because we all have worries in the world and I want to, even if it's just for a second, help you forget about those worries. The way I know how to do that best is by performing and teaching magic. When I perform magic people gain a sense of wonder that helps them forget about their worries. When I teach people how to do magic they gain the ability to express themselves and create something magical. I want to continue performing for those who need a break in their lives. I want to teach to spread the sense of wonder. I want to bring out the magician in all of us.
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
Lack of escapes from the worries of the world. This problem is still around because some people don't have anything that can help take their mind off stress. Solving this problem matters being less stress and worries is something we all want.
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
I am planning to solve this problem by creating an organization that 1. puts on magic shows that families can attend. 2. brings magicians to places that need it such as children's hospitals. and 3. teaches kids magic so they have something to do that keeps their creative juices flowing and the wonder spreading.
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
When a person gets involved they either help by performing or teaching magic or they benefit by seeing or learning magic.
Hypothetical examples would be performing magic at hospitals for kids and teaching kids magic so they gain confidence and learn to be creative.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
The X-Factor comes in the solution being magic. It's an art that is a little out of the norm.
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
Every-time I have performed a magic show I get at least 1 person at the end that thanks me for making them laugh. I believe subconsciously they are really thanking me for helping them forget about their worries and stress for the time of the show. I have also inspired many kids who say the now want to be magicians too!
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
I have only performed and taught on my own. Now I want to expand and get other magicians involved and creating an actual organization that reaches more people.
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
I plan to get a space to have designated magic classes at & Team members to teach magic.
9. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
I can partner with other change-makers who are using their art-form as a form of therapy such as musicians and painters. We can get together to create a creative wellness program that helps peoples wellness through all of our creative art-forms.
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
Hispanic, Latino/a, or Spanish origin (for example: Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuba, Salvadoran, Dominican, Colombian) (7)
How did you hear about this challenge?