I am designing an app that would allow people to learn about other cultures and also help others who are in trouble with social injustice.
Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Eligibility: Date of Birth
July 16th 1986
Where are you located:
Brooklyn, NY 11203 Brooklyn, NY 11206 Brooklyn, NY 11233
Website or social media url(s) (optional):
February 1 2018
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Start-Up (first few activities have happened)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
Racism, oppression, kids without mentors, gun violence, etc....
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
Sharing my story of fame, jail, and my awakening. Helping others to decipher their own stories and reach a level of consciousness that will propel them to success.
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
The person or group that gets involved with my brand will be able to help impoverished kids in a community that needs more help desperately.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
I feel the difference is my project is not funded and I can’t help everyone that I want to. I have been finding this myself and I have 30+ kids but I want 3,000.
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
So far I have a few kids that know they want to play basketball and others that know they can work hard at something and that will resonate during their teenage years.
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
I would like to have bigger venues for my camps and also be able to invite celebrities because in my opinion people only come when famous people are there.
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
It may be just getting more attention to the brand. If I had more resources I could travel and speak to kids all over the world. That is my dream. To talk as much as I can until change comes.
9. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
I would be able to partner my being present for all events and promoting their brand win NY
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
Black or African American (for example: African American, Jamaican, Haitian, Nigerian, Ethiopian, Somalian, etc) (8)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
How did you hear about this challenge?
Referral: If you discovered the Challenge thanks to an organization or person other than Ashoka or T-Mobile, who was it?
Jay Versace (instagram)