Hire local people in impoverished communities to do volunteer type work every day,Monday through Friday, while paying them a livable salary
Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Eligibility: Date of Birth
March 4th, 1982
Where are you located:
Syracuse, NY. 13032
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Idea (hoping to get started in the future)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
I have organized and participated in many volunteer/charitable events; it seems like there are always charities in need of assistance. I always try to do good and help, but it seems their is too much help needed and impossible to help everyone. So through my plan of hiring local citizens in impoverished communities; we not only help the people living in the communities but we also help the community itself.
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
Impoverished communities that need assistance, as well as giving people in those communities a chance to make themselves better and hopefully inspire others
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
Hire people in impoverished communities for maybe $25,000 a year. They would be required to post a photo/video of them volunteering/helping 5 days a week. Maybe reach out to local churches to see if they can provide any candidates.
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
Hire someone for $25,000 and show them what charities/volunteer groups are in their area. Or if they have any ideas of their own. Monitor their status on Facebook and through weekly phone calls.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
This would not only help the impoverished community, but a person in it. Hopefully that makes them passionate about helping and that passion spreads throughout the community, improving all lives.
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
Not yet started. But I feel through photos/videos posted on Facebook the journey would tell a story through photos.
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
Not possible to start without funding, hoping I am chosen for this competition so I can begin!
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
I would involve the person with all local charities and hopefully people would see this person making a positive change in the community and want to get involved themselves.
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
White (for example: German, Irish, English, Italian, Polish, French) (6)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
No, I do not identify with an underrepresented community
How did you hear about this challenge?
Referral: If you discovered the Challenge thanks to an organization or person other than Ashoka or T-Mobile, who was it?