GO VEGAN TODAY
Big makeup companies have allowed animal testing to occur in China; this can be stopped by switching to vegan makeup!
Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Eligibility: Date of Birth
Where are you located:
Randolph, MA 02368
Website or social media url(s) (optional):
Twitter & Instagram: @cabellosbiscuit
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Idea (hoping to get started in the future)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
I found out through a Twitter post last year that a lot of huge makeup brands test their products on animals and up until then, I had no idea that it even existed! So I was appalled when I saw how long the list was! I made up my mind immediately to switch vegan makeup only and I feel so much better doing so! I want others to care and to feel the same way, which is why I made the ad to begin with. I explained it all in my video: https://www.instagram.com/p/BjdZ_BOlw_p/?taken-by=cabellosbiscuit
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
Big name brand makeup companies such as L'Oreal Paris and Cover Girl have allowed their products to be tested on animals for years! Not only is animal testing cruel, but it is completely unnecessary considering the technology that is now available.
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
Switching to cruelty free products such as Tarte and Lime Crime
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
If everyone in just the United States alone boycotted these non-vegan companies, I believe it would force them to change their testing policies.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
No one even knows or considers what their makeup brands test on and they should because defenseless animals do not deserve such cruelty upon them. My ad will at least get people to stop and think about it.
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
Right now, my project is just an idea.
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
I want to have my ad posted everywhere in every state so that all people can see it and think about it.
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
I need sponsors that are willing to help me put my ad on all social media platforms and in makeup stores across the country.
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
I would love to partner with animal activities who would naturally fight for animals any day.
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
Black or African American (for example: African American, Jamaican, Haitian, Nigerian, Ethiopian, Somalian, etc) (8)
How did you hear about this challenge?
Referral: If you discovered the Challenge thanks to an organization or person other than Ashoka or T-Mobile, who was it?
Jay Versace on Instagram