Saving animals, helping lives.
Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Website or social media url(s) (optional):
April 25, 2018
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Start-Up (first few activities have happened)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
GO Animals is a non- profit organization that is trying to stop inhumane animal abuse. We are going to take impounded and abandoned animals and train them to be service animals and pets. All we need is a little funding and some volunteers and we can end inhumane animal abuse.
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
We are trying to end inhumane animal abuse. Animals matter to us and a lot of people. They are our friends and we need to take care of them. Every year millions of animals are impounded and abandoned, and are eventually euthanized. Were stepping up to change that.
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
We'll take animals out of the shelters and pounds and train them to be service animals or have them be trained to be comfort animals to help people with disabilities or if they are just having a bad day, and if they like the animal they can adopt it, giving it a better home, while helping someone else.
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
They contact us either through social media or by person, join us, then they start volunteering, either by feeding animals, watching them, walking them, taking them outside, etc. They can do many tasks and even help just by donating food, money, time, and information.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
We don't kill the animals, until sadly there time comes and they pass, we take them out of shelters, set them into better ones with loving volunteers and staff and give them to other people or train them for service. If there not fit for service they can improve someone's day.
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
We hope to inspire others and better animal lives giving them a second chance, we know that we can help. Even without the challenge, I still inspire to create a difference for the animals and people who have disabilities, and to prevent further ones from happening due to landmines, war etc.
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
Fundraisers, social events, and we hope to expand to different states and locations, it'd also be nice to find parterships and work together.
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
Members, funding, sponsorship, mentoring, and space. We have time, a team, and dedication.
9. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
Donations less than $100
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
We will inspire others to do the same as us. Soon through are organization people will realize that we need to end the era of inhumane animal abuse. we can partner with art pass and bring animals to help scared children be comforted.
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
White (for example: German, Irish, English, Italian, Polish, French) (6)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
No, I do not identify with an underrepresented community
How did you hear about this challenge?
Recommended by others
Word of mouth
Referral: If you discovered the Challenge thanks to an organization or person other than Ashoka or T-Mobile, who was it?