Involving the People to Eliminate Fear
Bringing Together the Community, Illuminating the Darkness in Our Society, Togetherness Through Movement and Music
Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Eligibility: Date of Birth
June 21st, 2002
Where are you located:
California: Sacramento (95823)
Website or social media url(s) (optional):
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Idea (hoping to get started in the future)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
I am stepping up to make a change because seeing my friends, family, and community not being a community is unsettling. I want my community to come together and know each other and be comfortable in our neighborhood.
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
The problem in my community is that neighbors fear each other, the children don't talk or even know one another and it breaks my heart to see this. Especially to see in the place where when I was younger all the children played together and neighbors would talk for hours on end. This issue is still here because of violence near-by and across the country and because there is no way for anyone to connect like a small community "get together."
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
I plan to solve this problem by involving the community in what is happening around us and allowing the children and adults to talk and get to know each other. I want to create a weekly or bi-weekly event that brings this community together s there is no longer any fear of neighbors and children can be friends.
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
When a person or group gets involved in my project they would see the isolation. After the first event they would see the community coming together slowly with each event until everybody is able begin their trust for one another.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
My project is different because I am a young adult in the community that has noticed this divide and wanted change for some time. I just want people to come together and be as happy they could possibly be, while getting to know old and new neighbors and having fun doing it. Everyone can relate through music and music make people want to dance. By creating an environment where we are free to dance and sing without feeling like you will be judged is an amazing thing.
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
I plan on making this difference by first involving the younger community as they are more open-minded, then as hey reach out to parents and friends the community would flock to the event from curiosity and interest and want to come back.
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
My idea for taking this project to the next level is to start small with a smaller crowd and as each event goes by grow in size to accommodate for the increase of interest from the community. I would like to partner with local businesses and campaign/promote my event around my community and its surroundings, then I would eventually have at least two more locations for the event in similar communities.
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
I plan to get team members, a space or permit, funding, and a sponsorship for my vision to take place.
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
i Could partner with other change makers to expand all visions and ideas with each others support and different views on each community. I am very open to other approaches.
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
Black or African American (for example: African American, Jamaican, Haitian, Nigerian, Ethiopian, Somalian, etc) (8)
Native American or Alaska Native (for example: Navajo Nation, Blackfeet Tribe, Mayan, Aztec, Native Village of Barrow Inupial Traditional Government, Nome Eskimo Community) (10)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
Communities of color
How did you hear about this challenge?