Operation Business Party
Opening the eyes of the youth
Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Eligibility: Date of Birth
Where are you located:
Florida: West Palm Beach & fort Lauderdale
Texas: San Antonio 78216
Tuesday May 22 2018
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Idea (hoping to get started in the future)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
I decided to start this project due to the simple fact that our generation is lost . I believe our heads are in the right place but wrong direction, Our generation wants money!money!money! But are not securing the money and don't know HOW to get it.
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
The problem: we look up to celebrities and we see the money, cars, Houses and electronics and naturally we want it and spend our LAST to get it. Solving this problem helps the youth tap into their inner entrepreneur , by building more organizations and business to help each other and feed off of existing business.
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
Ex: let's say Samantha wants to be a fashion designer and is a member of the Operation. Samantha can gain access to a local clothing company (at a business party) and create a limited edition item with that company. See Samantha would actually see how it is in the industry and gain knowledge on what steps she/he would have to take and use for herself .
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
If you've ever been to Essence fest you see different vendors in one place attracting people to them and that's an idea of what I'm going for..... but with a spin. The mission of the vendor is to sell but with us attached it would be sell, recruit, inspire and connect.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
Most companies focus on one group i would want to reach out to everyone.
I'd incorporate a local events to show the skills of each member.
Tending to each and every member and all careers.
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
I want to help people plan out their future and prove to people you are never too young.
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
I would love to get the first event started and build partnerships. Collect a few students and begin the process.
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
9. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
We could Connect and inspire together at many events.
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
Black or African American (for example: African American, Jamaican, Haitian, Nigerian, Ethiopian, Somalian, etc) (8)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
No, I do not identify with an underrepresented community
How did you hear about this challenge?