“Scuplt” the Future
“Sculpt” the World
Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Eligibility: Date of Birth
August 1st, 2001
Where are you located:
Orange County California
This is a new idea. March 30th, 2018
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Idea (hoping to get started in the future)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
I’m stepping up to make change because I want to make a difference in the world. I want to create a program where children in hospitals can experience fun and an escape from reality. My project is to offer children in hospitals free sculpting classes, whether it’s with clay, cardboard, or sculpey. I want them to have fun and be able to enjoy the little things in life, which is hard when you’re in a hospital. The reason why I’ve decided to become a change maker is because the past five years I’ve suffered on and off with health issues, where I’ve had to go to hospitals mutiple times. When there I knew I wanted to bring hope and love. Another inspiration of mine is when my grandma passed away from Medulary Thyroid cancer. During her treatment she was always feeling down and had nothing in her life that brought her joy anymore. I want to change that and make patients smile again.
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
The problem that I’m trying to solve is illness and sadness. I want to bring happiness and joy . Most hospitals don’t offer programs that occupy patients time, but with my project I hope to bring fun, hope, and love to a place that can seem hopeless when you’re ill.
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
I plan on solving this problem by creating free sculpture classes to all hospital patients. Each project will use a different median so they can experience all the different possibilites that sculpture can offer. It gives them the freedom to create something and forget about their illness, even if it’s for a short period of time.
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
Being in the idea stage, here’s my hypothetical example. The hospital can do different classes like on a Tuesday Thursday or a Monday Wednesday Friday. Hospitals can provide a special place where patients can create wonder.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
There’s nothing like this out there to my knowledge. My idea is very unique because it helps heal the mind and the soul, while the doctors heal the body.
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
Being in the idea stage I plan on knowing if I made a difference by gathering feedback from the patients and seeing the smiles on their faces from what they have acocomplished.
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
The next step would be to start with local hospitals, primarily children’s hospitals. Once we have a system in place we’lll copy that platform and take it nationwide.
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
We need community awareness through the different media outlets. Support from the board members and donors at the hospitals.
9. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
I could market my idea to the community to gain volunteer support. I encourage team and community involvement in everything I do. I’m definitely open to learning about other approaches because the possibilities of my project are endless. We could always introduce painting and drawing classes as well to bring some diversity. It gives kids a chance to explore different areas of art.
How did you hear about this challenge?
Word of mouth
Referral: If you discovered the Challenge thanks to an organization or person other than Ashoka or T-Mobile, who was it?
My mother was the one who told me of this Challenge.
Find this idea inspiring? Add your own!