Books, Art, Sheet Music, DVDs, CDs, and Flyers: Take One, Leave One and Make Everyone Happy
Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Eligibility: Date of Birth
12/16/04 & 10-19-04
Where are you located:
Texas: The Colony, 75056
Website or social media url(s) (optional):
We are @thetakeleaveproject on Instagram.
November 10, 2017
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Start-Up (first few activities have happened)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
Our G/T teacher implored us to create something that will change the world. We wanted to make a place where budding artists and authors could popularize their work, but that would be too expensive and hard to do at our age. So, we decided to bring it down to a smaller scale, and the Take-Leave Project was born.
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
We’re trying to solve the fact that it’s very hard for artists, authors, etc. to get their work out into the world and popularize it.
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
We will fix it because whenever someone takes a book, or music, or movie, or artwork, they are helping in the contribution. They eventually will tall their friends about that person who will tell their friends, and eventually a lot of people will know about them.
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
Exactly what I said before: Someone will take(lets say a book), and they end up really liking it, they will tell their friends and it will become a cycle. Also if they take something, they are asked to leave something; whether that is an already existing book, or something they made, they are asked to leave something.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
Ours isn't just for books, or not just for food, it is for all types of entertainment: Music, Movies, Books, Poetry, and Artwork. Others are all just focused on one of those, like Half-Priced Books, they are only focused on books. We focus on all of the entertainment.
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
Well right now, we hope that we will help other authors and artists to find that readers actually read them(or watchers or listeners).
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
Our next level would be to make a stop and collect the things for it in a Five Star near us. The Five Star is like a sports place where a lot of families go.
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
We hope that the Mayor of our city will support us and allow us to put up these boxes in places all over the city.
9. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
We could partner with others trying to do a similar thing but with like food and clothes, there is one in some other place in Texas who did this with food.
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
White (for example: German, Irish, English, Italian, Polish, French) (6)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
Communities of color
How did you hear about this challenge?