The Magenta Garden
Fresh fruits and vegitables for the community
Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Eligibility: Date of Birth
Where are you located:
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Idea (hoping to get started in the future)
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
I want people in the community to have access to fresh fruit and vegtables. In addition to that I want people in the community to help out with the garden. I want the youth and the adults to get down in the dirt and feel nature, to the benifit of their taste bugs.
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
I feel we simply have to let the community know about our garden, and help them get involved.
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
When someone gets invloved in growing food for themselves and the commuity it gives them a reason to go outside and enjoy nature. The youth especally need to be outside, playing in the dirt and soaking up the sunshine. A volenteer would simply need to sign up to help with garden and they will be rewarded with fresh food that they helped grow.
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
If i can get the t-mobile team to back me this garden will be supported by a mager company. I want the Magenta Garden to be bright, inviting and open to litteraly everyone who spends some time in the dirt with us. I want the garden to be a place that does welcome technology to learn more about the plants, but also a place where you dont really feel the need to be on your phone.
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
I'm hoping with The Magenta Garden we can help increase the over all health of the people around us. I also hope that the garden brings people together in a way that cell phones never could
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
The first thing we need is a location. A roof of a building, a small patch of land somewhere, anywhere can be made into the garden with the help of people and hard work.
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
A sponsorship or dontaions would needed to kickstart the garden. I need land, dirt, seeds and helpful people to make The Magenta Garden a reality.
9. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
10. Ripple Effect: Please share some ideas of how you could partner with other changemakers or involve other young people as leaders in making a difference.
I really do think the community would come if they knew about a garden that they could get fresh food from. It really benifts everyone.
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
White (for example: German, Irish, English, Italian, Polish, French) (6)
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 2 [optional] Do you identify as part of any of the following underrepresented communities?
How did you hear about this challenge?