UPNEXT allowing the kids to see a bright future
Eligibility: Are you employed by T-Mobile or related to an employee of T-Mobile?
Eligibility: Date of Birth
Where are you located:
Lawrence Massachusetts 01841
Website or social media url(s) (optional):
Project Stage: Select the description below that best applies to your approach.
Start-Up (first few activities have happened)
1. Personal Journey: What’s the story behind why you decided to start this project? NOTE: All applications must include a 1 minute video that answers: “I am stepping up to make change because..."
My perso backyard, I opened the doors to allow the kids in the neighborhood to play some basketball
2. The Problem: What problem are you helping to solve?
With this project I want to take the kids off the streets, allowing them to reach their full potential & In Lawrence, the gun violence is getting out of control because being In the street is all they know how to do, I want to show them to that their are more to life, you dnt have to die before reaching 21 years old
3. Your Solution: How are you planning to solve this problem? Share your specific approach.
I found a big abandoned house on Lawrence st Massachusetts, I’m looking for financial support to purchase that house & build a recreational center that includes recording studios, picture room, dancing practice room, gym, & maybe movie making studio, the house in under $200k
4. Example: Please walk us through a specific example of what happens when a person or group gets involved with your project.
My project gives hope to the hopeless, it shelters the talented kids of Lawrence, where it’s basketball,music, modeling etc..
5. The X Factor: What is different about your project compared to other programs or solutions already out there?
With my project I focus on how I can get these kids to dream again rather than sellin drugs, vandalism etc. with upnext studios I will be able to provide a productive environment where kids & aldult get to explore their talents and make something out of themselves, I wanna help my city
6. Impact: How has your project made a difference so far?
It has kept kids always from the streets , they stoppped doing illegal things & now focusing on being successful
7. What’s Next: What are your ideas for taking your project to the next level?
Present my project to the mayor of my city which will allow me to get free billboards
8. Future Support: What are the resources needed to make your vision a reality?
9. Finances: If applicable, have you mobilized any of the following resources so far?
Help Us Support Diversity! Part 1 [optional] Which of the following categories do you identify with?
Black or African American (for example: African American, Jamaican, Haitian, Nigerian, Ethiopian, Somalian, etc) (8)
How did you hear about this challenge?