The late Dr. Michael Shannon at Boston Children's Hospital inspired me to redirect my career toward developing effective medical products for treating kids. He had researched a medicine that could reduce lead poisoning loads far below the levels of available medicines. But the pill was huge and smelled of rotten eggs when crushed. He needed a palatable liquid formulation that young kids could swallow. But no company was interested in doing this, because, in his words, lead poisoning patients ...."have three strikes against them - they're too young, too black, and too poor".